Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oh man, it’s cold

Dear Readers,

I don’t have a fire, and that is really the only way to heat the house. There are a couple of small electric heaters that can warm a room, at most. I have one of them plugged in and on high in the living room, and I am all bundled up. I just got home from the library and it is below 60 degrees in the house. It will take a bit for that heater to even begin to take the chill off . . . And I am sure I am going to croak when I see my electric bill.

But I have damaged tendons and ligaments in my neck, shoulder, and right arm. I am not supposed to be lifting anything. So no fire . . .

Oh well, I am going to sit here and check my e-mail and write you all a few words while I eat my lunch. Then I am going to brew myself up some Ephedera veridis tea for my aches and pains. And boy do I have them! Not only from the cold and the cold is definitely a contributor. But my missing in action IHHS worker is also partly to blame. She is approved to work 75 hours this month – and has only been putting in about 4 hours a week. So I have to do all kinds of things that I shouldn’t. And it hurts. At least she did take me to town to shop yesterday. I really needed groceries bad. But she didn’t help me as much as she should. I don’t mean to be ungrateful. But I hurt and I got to blame it on someone.

Gosh, I got a whine that just won’t stop. I need a solution . . . Hmmm . . . lets see . . . Hey, I got it! Anyone know a local person who wants a part time job? Pretty simple work – housework, errands, fire tending, etc., and two trips to town for shopping a month. Hours per month vary. The pay is kind of low, but the company is good, and the benefits may be slim but they include a large variety of seeds for your garden and occasional extra produce or flowers. You couldn’t support yourself at it – but I am not the only person around here that needs this kind of help. Full time work can be put together with a collection of clients . . . I am here waiting, in the cold . . . let me know . . .

Ok, I got to get a grip . . . I need to check the Agapanthus seedlings, the seedlings under the lights, I need to water the other flat of seedlings and some of the potted things outside. I am going to make a stir fry with albacore, onions, carrots, asparagus, red cabbage and greens from the garden. Before I do that I will have to clean the kitchen because my worker did not show up today . . .

Ok, ok, get a grip. Yes it *#$#*%@ hurts, but it is all going to be ok. Life is going to go on. Yes it will . . .

Geeze people, just don’t go getting in any car accidents ok? It doesn’t feel good and it can last a long long time. . . .

Harvest

No comments: